I knew it would take a while, but I didn't realize just how long... As most of you know, sfbapa.org was hacked in 2011. In trying to determine how seriously compromised the site was, we discovered there had been multiple hacks (over many months). So the safest course of action was to completely rebuild the site from a clean slate. The bad news was how long it took (and how painful it sometimes was). The good news is that we're on the latest version of the website software, it's much more stable and hack-proof, and it offered some nice new features. Plus there is a real back-up system in place now.
You'll notice that there is a lot of content missing. Hopefully most of it will be restored over time (or at least what was found to be useful). Every BAPA Member should remember that they have the ability to add articles to the website, so if you think something interesting should be added - add it!
Meanwhile, since things were so compromised (including some passwords for people who can log in to the administration site), all user passwords were reset.
Here's what ALL BAPA MEMBERS NEED TO DO:
1 - Click the Forgot username or password? link
- You will receive a new temporary password via email.
- If you can't remember your username the link will help with that as well.
2 - Immediately use your temporary password to log in the Members Only area.
3 - Go to My Member Info and click the "Edit/Update Your Profile" (grey box) button above your information
- Portrait: You can upload a profile image. Also, review to make sure all the rest of your information is still correct.
- Contact Info: Be sure to SET A NEW PASSWORD. Check to see that your Emergency Contact information is correct.
- Additional Info: You may as well review this while you're here (haven't you gotten a new wing? :-).
- Officer-Only Info: Please be sure your contact information is up-to-date. You can update your USHPA expiration date as well.
- Admin Details: You can't edit most of this, but you can confirm that the Membership Coordinator received your most recent payment.
Once you're logged in, you can see what Website Bugs are already on the list (under Members Only Articles). If you find anything amiss, go ahead and "Submit an Article" and it wil get added to the list.